Address: 91 Phan Ngoc Hien Street, Ward No. 6, Ca Mau City
Director: Le Van Truc
Telephone: (+84-78) 383-0090/888-311-117
Function and Tasks:
– Studying aquatic ecological systems and related fisheries resources in the southern part of the Hau River; developing strategies/planning for exploitation and conservation of these fisheries resources;
– Monitoring and surveillance of the aquatic environment and disease outbreaks in aquaculture in the southern part of the Hau River;
– Studying and developing technologies in breeding and culture of aquatic species which are adaptable to various ecological conditions in the southern part of the Hau River;
– Training, consultancy and other services in water-quality analysis, disease diagnosis and management; and
– Training and transferring technologies in seed production and grow-out farming in aquaculture.
Activities and main outputs:
– Developing hatchery technologies and supplying farmers with seed of various aquatic species such as mud crab (Scylla paramamosain), black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon), white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei), sea bass (Lates calcarifer), marble goby (Oxyeleotris marmorata) and giant freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii);
– Developing technologies and farming systems for sustainable and effective marine shrimp and fish farming systems in various ecological areas such as mangrove forests (shrimp farming systems, rice-shrimp farming systems, shrimp-crab farming systems, and semi-intensive, intensive and super-intensive shrimp and fish culture systems);
– Studying and developing feed technologies for sea bass, cobia, mud crab and other marine species; transferring technologies to producers;
– Transferring hatchery technologies of brackish water/marine species (such as mud crab, cobia, black tiger shrimp, white shrimp and sea bass) and freshwater species (such as marble goby and snakeskin gourami) to local hatcheries;
– Conducting testing experiments for newly introduced aquatic species, aqua-feed and other products applied in aquaculture; and
– Training, consulting and others services in the fields of water-quality testing, pathogenic diagnosis and management of shrimp diseases as well as extension work in shrimp, mollusc and fish farms.