Address: 91 Phan Ngoc Hien Street, Ward No. 6, Ca Mau City
Director: Le Van Truc
Telephone: (+84-78) 383-0090/888-311-117
Function and Tasks:
– Studying aquatic ecological systems and related fisheries resources in the southern part of the Hau River; developing strategies/planning for exploitation and conservation of these fisheries resources;
– Monitoring and surveillance of the aquatic environment and disease outbreaks in aquaculture in the southern part of the Hau River;
– Studying and developing technologies in breeding and culture of aquatic species which are adaptable to various ecological conditions in the southern part of the Hau River;
– Training, consultancy and other services in water-quality analysis, disease diagnosis and management; and
– Training and transferring technologies in seed production and grow-out farming in aquaculture.
Activities and main outputs:
– Developing hatchery technologies and supplying farmers with seed of various aquatic species such as mud crab (Scylla paramamosain), black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon), white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei), sea bass (Lates calcarifer), marble goby (Oxyeleotris marmorata) and giant freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii);
– Developing technologies and farming systems for sustainable and effective marine shrimp and fish farming systems in various ecological areas such as mangrove forests (shrimp farming systems, rice-shrimp farming systems, shrimp-crab farming systems, and semi-intensive, intensive and super-intensive shrimp and fish culture systems);
– Studying and developing feed technologies for sea bass, cobia, mud crab and other marine species; transferring technologies to producers;
– Transferring hatchery technologies of brackish water/marine species (such as mud crab, cobia, black tiger shrimp, white shrimp and sea bass) and freshwater species (such as marble goby and snakeskin gourami) to local hatcheries;
– Conducting testing experiments for newly introduced aquatic species, aqua-feed and other products applied in aquaculture; and
– Training, consulting and others services in the fields of water-quality testing, pathogenic diagnosis and management of shrimp diseases as well as extension work in shrimp, mollusc and fish farms.
Bài viết liên quan
The Research Institute for Aquaculture No. 2 (RIA2) was established on 22 December 1976 as the Sub-Institute for Marine Fisheries No. 1 which mainly focused on marine fisheries research. In 1979, it was renamed as the Sub-Institute for Fisheries Research No. 1 and upgraded as...
FUNCTION AND TASKS
RIA2 is a governmental institution under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD). Its main functions are to carry out scientific research, development and transfer of technologies and to provide training and consultancy services in aquaculture development, processing/post-harvest technologies, management, exploitation and conservation of...
Southern Monitoring Center for Aquaculture Environment and Epidemics
Address: 116 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City Director: Dr. Le Hong Phuoc Telephone: (+84-8) 3823-4284 Fax: (+84-8) 3823-7051 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Function and Tasks: – Studying epidemics, pathogenesis and causes of aquatic animal diseases; their prophylactics, treatments and health...
Research Center for Aqua-Feed Nutrition and Fishery Post-Harvest Technology
Address: 116 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City Director: Dr. Nguyen Van Nguyen Telephone: (+84-8) 3827-5567 Fax: (+84-8) 3823-4960 Email: email@example.com Function and Tasks: – Studying nutrition requirements and developing feed formulation and technology for manufacturing aqua-feed appropriate to each growing...
National Breeding Center for Southern Marine Aquaculture
Address: 167 Thuy Van Street, Vung Tau Town, Ba Ria – Vung Tau Province Director: Nguyen Huu Thanh Telephone: (+84-254) 385-7126 Fax : (+84-254) 381-1817 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Function and Tasks: – Collecting, selecting...
National Breeding Centre for Southern Freshwater Aquaculture
Address: An Thai Trung Village, Cai Be District, Tien Giang Province Director: Dang Van Truong Telephone: (+84-273) 382-1175 Fax: (+84-273) 382-1859 Email: email@example.com Functions and Tasks – Collecting and conserving economically important or high-value aquatic...