Address: An Thai Trung Village, Cai Be District, Tien Giang Province
Director: Dang Van Truong
Telephone: (+84-273) 382-1175
Fax: (+84-273) 382-1859
Functions and Tasks
– Collecting and conserving economically important or high-value aquatic species; exploiting their gene pools as aquaculture targets;
– Domesticating new alien freshwater fish species imported into southern Vietnam;
– Developing seed production for freshwater fish;
– Conducting selective-breeding programmes;
– Developing and applying advanced techniques for freshwater aquaculture hatchery and grow-out;
– Producing genetically improved freshwater fish/prawns;
– Disseminating genetically improved freshwater fish/prawns to hatcheries and advanced farmers in the Mekong Delta; and
– Providing consulting, other services, training and technology transfers to aquaculturists and farmers.
Activities and key outputs
– Operating selective breeding programs for key farmed species in the Mekong Delta including Nile tilapia of the GIFT strain (Oreochromis niloticus), red tilapia (Oreochromis sp.), striped (or ‘tra’) catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus) and giant freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii);
– Disseminating genetically improved materials as future broodstock and fingerlings of Nile tilapia of the GIFT strain, red tilapia, striped (‘tra’) catfish and giant freshwater prawn to hatcheries and advanced farmers nationwide;
– Developing and transferring spawning techniques for various indigenous fish species such as striped (‘tra’) catfish, Krempfi’s catfish (Pangasius krempfi), giant barb (Catlocarpio siamensis), swamp eel (Monopterus albus) and other indigenous species.
– Conducting testing experiments for newly introduced fish species, feed and other products in fresh water aquaculture; and
– Providing training and services for seed production and grow-out techniques for various freshwater fish and prawns.
Bài viết liên quan
The Research Institute for Aquaculture No. 2 (RIA2) was established on 22 December 1976 as the Sub-Institute for Marine Fisheries No. 1 which mainly focused on marine fisheries research. In 1979, it was renamed as the Sub-Institute for Fisheries Research No. 1 and upgraded as...
FUNCTION AND TASKS
RIA2 is a governmental institution under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD). Its main functions are to carry out scientific research, development and transfer of technologies and to provide training and consultancy services in aquaculture development, processing/post-harvest technologies, management, exploitation and conservation of...
Southern Monitoring Center for Aquaculture Environment and Epidemics
Address: 116 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City Director: Dr. Le Hong Phuoc Telephone: (+84-8) 3823-4284 Fax: (+84-8) 3823-7051 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Function and Tasks: – Studying epidemics, pathogenesis and causes of aquatic animal diseases; their prophylactics, treatments and health...
Research Sub-Institute For Nam Song Hau Fisheries
Address: 91 Phan Ngoc Hien Street, Ward No. 6, Ca Mau City Director: Le Van Truc Telephone: (+84-78) 383-0090/888-311-117 Fax: (+84-78)-383-8722 Email: email@example.com Function and Tasks: – Studying aquatic ecological systems and related fisheries resources in the southern part of...
Research Center for Aqua-Feed Nutrition and Fishery Post-Harvest Technology
Address: 116 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City Director: Dr. Nguyen Van Nguyen Telephone: (+84-8) 3827-5567 Fax: (+84-8) 3823-4960 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Function and Tasks: – Studying nutrition requirements and developing feed formulation and technology for manufacturing aqua-feed appropriate to each growing...
National Breeding Center for Southern Marine Aquaculture
Address: 167 Thuy Van Street, Vung Tau Town, Ba Ria – Vung Tau Province Director: Nguyen Huu Thanh Telephone: (+84-254) 385-7126 Fax : (+84-254) 381-1817 Email: email@example.com Function and Tasks: – Collecting, selecting...