Address: 167 Thuy Van Street, Vung Tau Town, Ba Ria – Vung Tau Province
Director: Nguyen Huu Thanh
Telephone: (+84-254) 385-7126
Fax : (+84-254) 381-1817
Function and Tasks:
– Collecting, selecting and conserving pure stocks of high-value and precious species of marine fish and other aquatic animals; exploiting their gene pools as aquaculture targets;
– Studying domestication and acclimatization of new breeds of marine fish and other aquatic species to local water bodies in southern Vietnam;
– Performing genetic-selection programs for marine fish and shrimp species for aquaculture;
– Developing and applying advanced technologies for hatcheries in marine aquaculture;
– Producing and providing selective broodstock and high-quality seed of marine fishes and shrimps to hatcheries and aquaculturists in the Mekong Delta; and
– Providing consulting, other services, training and technology transfers in marine aquaculture to extension officers/farmers and other aquaculturists.
Activities and main outputs:
– Carrying out selective-breeding programs for black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon) and white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) and supplying selective pre-broodstock and seeds of these species to hatcheries and farmers;
– Developing and transferring breeding technologies of indigenous fish species such as grouper (Epinephelus coioides), sea bass (Lates calcarifer), milk fish (Chanos chanos) and spadefish (Proteracanthus sarissophorus);
– Studying and producing micro-algae (Nannochloropsis oculata and Isochrysis galbana) and other live food for marine aquaculture;
– Conducting testing experiments for newly introduced fish species, feed and other products in marine aquaculture;
– Doing laboratory services for water quality analysis and diagnosis on pathogens in marine aquaculture; and
– Providing training and services for seed production and grow-out techniques for the above-mentioned species.
Bài viết liên quan
The Research Institute for Aquaculture No. 2 (RIA2) was established on 22 December 1976 as the Sub-Institute for Marine Fisheries No. 1 which mainly focused on marine fisheries research. In 1979, it was renamed as the Sub-Institute for Fisheries Research No. 1 and upgraded as...
FUNCTION AND TASKS
RIA2 is a governmental institution under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD). Its main functions are to carry out scientific research, development and transfer of technologies and to provide training and consultancy services in aquaculture development, processing/post-harvest technologies, management, exploitation and conservation of...
Southern Monitoring Center for Aquaculture Environment and Epidemics
Address: 116 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City Director: Dr. Le Hong Phuoc Telephone: (+84-8) 3823-4284 Fax: (+84-8) 3823-7051 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Function and Tasks: – Studying epidemics, pathogenesis and causes of aquatic animal diseases; their prophylactics, treatments and health...
Research Sub-Institute For Nam Song Hau Fisheries
Address: 91 Phan Ngoc Hien Street, Ward No. 6, Ca Mau City Director: Le Van Truc Telephone: (+84-78) 383-0090/888-311-117 Fax: (+84-78)-383-8722 Email: email@example.com Function and Tasks: – Studying aquatic ecological systems and related fisheries resources in the southern part of...
Research Center for Aqua-Feed Nutrition and Fishery Post-Harvest Technology
Address: 116 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City Director: Dr. Nguyen Van Nguyen Telephone: (+84-8) 3827-5567 Fax: (+84-8) 3823-4960 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Function and Tasks: – Studying nutrition requirements and developing feed formulation and technology for manufacturing aqua-feed appropriate to each growing...
National Breeding Centre for Southern Freshwater Aquaculture
Address: An Thai Trung Village, Cai Be District, Tien Giang Province Director: Dang Van Truong Telephone: (+84-273) 382-1175 Fax: (+84-273) 382-1859 Email: email@example.com Functions and Tasks – Collecting and conserving economically important or high-value aquatic...