Address: 116 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Division Head: Mr. Nguyen Dinh Hung, M Sc.
Telephone: (+84-8) 3822-9275
Function and Tasks:
– Researching and applying technologies in genetics and selective breeding to produce high quality breeders and improve desirable traits of selected aquaculture species;
– Researching and applying cell and tissue-culture technologies in breeding to generate new breeders and conserve gene pools of rare or high-value fish species for aquaculture development;
– Researching probiotic bacteria which are used for treatment of water quality, control of diseases and improvement of fish/shrimp health;
– Researching and developing innovative technologies for farming, engineering and equipment used in aquaculture to enhance yields and environmental protection;
– Experimental trials on newly introduced species, aqua-feed, chemicals, probiotics and other products or farming techniques utilized in aquaculture and validating their qualities as regulations;
– Training, consulting, other services and technology transfers in breeding, probiotic production and engineering works in aquaculture.
Activities and main outputs:
– Applying new technologies for production of all-male giant freshwater prawns (Macrobrachium rosenbergii);
– Studying the application of molecular markers in breeding-selection programs and population genetics of key species cultured in southern Vietnam;
– Researching the development of probiotic products (Bio-shrimp-RIA2 and Bio-Fish-RIA2) applied in aquaculture;
– Developing and transferring technologies for live food production for hatcheries of aquaculture species;
– Developing and transferring indoor and outdoor Recirculation Aquaculture Systems (RAS) and equipment applied in hatcheries and grow-out farms for striped catfish and shrimp; and
– Transferring hatchery technologies for aquarium fish.
Bài viết liên quan
The Research Institute for Aquaculture No. 2 (RIA2) was established on 22 December 1976 as the Sub-Institute for Marine Fisheries No. 1 which mainly focused on marine fisheries research. In 1979, it was renamed as the Sub-Institute for Fisheries Research No. 1 and upgraded as...
FUNCTION AND TASKS
RIA2 is a governmental institution under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD). Its main functions are to carry out scientific research, development and transfer of technologies and to provide training and consultancy services in aquaculture development, processing/post-harvest technologies, management, exploitation and conservation of...
Southern Monitoring Center for Aquaculture Environment and Epidemics
Address: 116 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City Director: Dr. Le Hong Phuoc Telephone: (+84-8) 3823-4284 Fax: (+84-8) 3823-7051 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Function and Tasks: – Studying epidemics, pathogenesis and causes of aquatic animal diseases; their prophylactics, treatments and health...
Research Sub-Institute For Nam Song Hau Fisheries
Address: 91 Phan Ngoc Hien Street, Ward No. 6, Ca Mau City Director: Le Van Truc Telephone: (+84-78) 383-0090/888-311-117 Fax: (+84-78)-383-8722 Email: email@example.com Function and Tasks: – Studying aquatic ecological systems and related fisheries resources in the southern part of...
Research Center for Aqua-Feed Nutrition and Fishery Post-Harvest Technology
Address: 116 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City Director: Dr. Nguyen Van Nguyen Telephone: (+84-8) 3827-5567 Fax: (+84-8) 3823-4960 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Function and Tasks: – Studying nutrition requirements and developing feed formulation and technology for manufacturing aqua-feed appropriate to each growing...
National Breeding Center for Southern Marine Aquaculture
Address: 167 Thuy Van Street, Vung Tau Town, Ba Ria – Vung Tau Province Director: Nguyen Huu Thanh Telephone: (+84-254) 385-7126 Fax : (+84-254) 381-1817 Email: email@example.com Function and Tasks: – Collecting, selecting...